Wedding Photos are normally a top priority for brides and grooms. We believe you will never regret preserving the images of your special day. Like all other elements of a wedding plan, start as soon as possible. Decide together what you can spend on your photography, and stick to your plan.
Hiring a wedding photographer tips:
- Ask for referrals from family and friends.
- Research good reviews of potential photographers.
- Know what style you’re trying to achieve with your final photos.
- Familiarize yourself with a standard photographer’s contract.
- Ask to see his/her portfolio.
- Be upfront about your budget.
- Be ready with any questions you may have. For instance, how may you use your photos later?…May your guests take photos also?
- Familiarize yourself with available photo packages.
- Don’t be surprised later!
If you want wedding videos, ask for a package to go along with your photos.
- Ask for simple editing and/ or raw footage. You may like the unedited version, and you can always edit later.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate! Many times they can throw in extras for you, e.g. referral discounts.
- A good photographer will have a basic shot list. You may also want to ask for any special requests that are not typical photos. You and your best friend… You and your favorite Aunt… Your beloved pup!
- If you have enough help, set up a fun photo booth with a cool background and fun props!
- Create a hashtag so your guests can share their candid shots through social media!