Bridesmaids dresses have come a long way. They are now stylish and comfortable so there’s no need to dread buying a dress that’s ugly and that you would never wear again.
- White bridesmaids dresses were once a no-no. But now they’re totally acceptable and chic.
- Your attendants don’t have to wear the same shade of one color. For example, you could have each one in a different tone of blue; like powder blue, baby blue, sky blue and cornflower.
- Heck, they could all wear totally different colors!
- Shapes and silhouettes are more varied than ever.
- Mixing hemline lengths lets everyone pick what works best for them. It also makes the group look interesting. You could have your maid of honor wear a long dress and have your ‘maids in short dresses.
- Consider separates. The bridesmaids could wear different tops with skirts or even pants.
- Beads or sequins can add texture and bling to your ceremony. Plus your ‘maids might not need any jewelry.
- Lace used to be for the bride only but not anymore. It can make for a romantic look.
- Feel free to mix fabrics on your girls’ frocks. This works nicely if you stick to the same color shade.
Your bridesmaids can wear just about anything you like. Everything from mix and match to patterned.
Most importantly, bridesmaids dresses look best when they are flattering to your girls’ body types. When your ‘maids are comfortable and feeling pretty, it will enhance your big day even more.