Official Contest Rules for the Charm Weddings 2022 Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest
Important Notes: The contest rules have changed from our previous toilet paper wedding dress contests. Please carefully review these Official Contest Rules (“Rules”) for the Charm Weddings 2022 Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest, to make sure you understand all rules and requirements prior to entering the Contest.The 2022 Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest (“Contest”) is presented by 138 Media Inc. dba Charm Weddings (“Charm Weddings/Contest/Sponsor”). Contestants (“You” “Your” or “Contestant”) will compete to design and construct the best wedding gown and headpiece (“Entry”) using the limited list of items below. Contestants (and Models, if any) may be filmed/photographed in connection with the Contest, depicting the Contest (“Contest”) and by entering the Contest, you agree that you may be filmed and photographed as part of the Contest.
* Contestants, and any person (“Model”) displaying Contestant’s Entry in Photos or in the Final Round of the Contest(“Model”) must be 18 years of age or older and beyond the age of majority in the state in which you live at the time of Contestant entry into the Contest.
* The contest is open to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Contestants must be legal United States residents to participate in the Contest. No purchase necessary
*Unless approved by Charm Weddings, Contestants must not be (and any immediate family members or anyone living in the same household must not be) currently employed or have in the past 2 years been employed by (or a close acquaintance of someone employed in the last 2 years by):
a. Charm Weddings/138 Media Inc.
b. Any sponsor of the Contest.
c. Any person or entity supplying prizes or services to any of the above entities; or
d. Any of the above entities’ parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies.
In addition, to avoid the appearance of impropriety or unfairness, Charm Weddings may, in their sole discretion, determine that any Contestant is ineligible due to a connection with the Contest, a Judge, or one of the above entities.
2. CONTEST TIMING
The Contest begins June 1, 2022, and the entry deadline is August 1, 2022, at 11:00 PM EST.
3. HOW TO ENTER
Contestants must create an Entry (wedding gown and headpiece) using only these materials, toilet paper, glue, and tape and the gown may be sewn with needle and thread/sewing machine.
Entry must be able to be worn by a human.
- Three (3-one of each or more) clear, unaltered, unmarked photos of the front, back and side of your Entry (including headpiece) displayed (e.g., on a mannequin, yourself, or another person); and
- One (1) photo of yourself (of the Entry designer/Contestant) (collectively and individually “Photo/Photos”) and submit Photos along with the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (available at www.TPDressContest.com) to [email protected] by August 1, 2022 by 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
You may only submit one Entry. More than one Entry from any person or email/IP address will void all Entries from that person or address. Only one person may be the Contestant (designer/constructor) for each Entry.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of Contestant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the Contestant whose name and photo match the Entry Form connected to the Entry when submitted.
Incomplete Entries and Entries that don’t comply with the Rules are subject to disqualification in the sole discretion of Charm Weddings. Contestants: not Released Parties (as defined below), are responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected Entries.
4. PHOTO GUIDELINES
Photos with watermarks will not be accepted. Any and all Photos shall be deemed the property of Charm Weddings as described in the Ownership section below. These Photos must be kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and may not be shared with anyone else besides Charm Weddings. Any Contestant that shares Photos or any photo(s) of the Entry (dress/headpiece) with anyone other than Charm Weddings will be automatically disqualified and may be subject to legal liability, including, but not, limited to monetary damages.
If you are submitting a Photo(s) taken by yourself or someone other than yourself, you must have that person(s) sign a (“Materials Release”) that must be submitted along with your Photos. By submitting Photos, you are representing and warranting that the Photos submitted were taken by Contestant or by a person(s) for whom you have submitted their signed Materials Release. You must also submit an (“Model Release”) for any person (Model) in the Photos. Contestants who breach this provision may be disqualified, in the sole discretion of Charm Weddings. All Photos provided to Charm Weddings by Contestant in connection the Contest will not be returned and become the property of Charm Weddings.
5. ENTRY CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES
Materials – Contestants are strictly limited to the following materials in constructing their Entry:
- Toilet Paper – Any brand and/or type (no cardboard roll)
- Glue – Any brand and/or type
- Tape – Any brand and/or type
- Entry may be hand sewn with needle and thread or by using a sewing machine. Only thread used typically for sewing will be accepted.
Contestant’s Entry must be original and must not have won any previous award or contests.
Undergarments – You may use any undergarments to display your Entry for the Photos as well as on the runway (if you make it to the Finale). You may use hoop skirts, crinolines, slips, etc. if they are not attached in any way to the Entry.
Entries may not contain any logos, trademarks, or tradenames. Any artwork visible on the Entry must be original and created by Contestant. Any determinations as to whether a particular feature is acceptable will be determined by Charm Weddings in theirsole discretion.
Contestant understands and acknowledges that that all Materials (including Entry (dress/headpiece), accessories, Photos/photos, video, etc.) that are mailed or otherwise provided to Charm Weddings become the sole property of Charm Weddings and will not be returned.
Please keep your Entry intact, as the Semi Finalists will be required to ship their Entries to Charm Weddings at Charm Weddings’ expense.
- CharmWeddings.com/Charm Weddings/138 Media Inc. 20423 State Road 7, Suite F6-124, Boca Raton, FL 33498, and all assignees.
- Additional sponsors and their assignees may be added during the Contest period. (Collectively and individually, “RELEASED PARTIES”)
7. CONFIDENTIALITY/NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
Confidentiality is of the utmost importance in this Contest. Contestants and Models are strictly prohibited from communicating about the Contest, the Entry (dress/headpiece), Charm Weddings, Sponsors, or Finale Host (“Confidential Information”) in any way, with any person other than the Contestant, Model, Charm Weddings, Judges (as permitted during the Contest), unless authorized by Charm Weddings (if such Confidential Information concerns the Contest). In furtherance of confidentiality/non-disclosure, Contestants are strictly prohibited from revealing any Confidential Information, including, but not limited to information about the Entry (dress/headpiece), Photos/photos, the Contest, Charm Weddings, with anyone, including, but not limited to, sharing on social media. Any Contestant revealing any Confidential Information to anyone other than Charm Weddings may be rendered ineligible to receive a Prize and/or any other Prizes or awards and may subject himself/herself to serious legal liability. Contestants must refer ALL press inquiries to Charm Weddings.
8. PRELIMINARY ROUND
The first round of judging starts when Entry Photos, Entry Form and Releases are submitted by the deadline. Charm Weddings at their sole discretion, will judge Entries. Each Entry is judged on several criteria, including, but not limited to, Creativity, Originality, Beauty, Workmanship, and the use of Toilet Paper. Semi-finalists (“Semi-Finalists”) will be chosen to move on to the next round (“Semi-Finals’).
9. SEMI-FINAL ROUND
Approximately fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) Entries will be selected for the Semi Final round. Once the Semi Finalists are selected, they will be required to promptly ship their Entry to Charm Weddings at the address provided by Charm Weddings, at Charm Weddings’ sole expense. Charm Weddings will judge Entries and choose approximately ten (10) (“Finalist Entries”) to compete in the finale round (“Finale”).
Each Contestant selected for the Semi Final Round will be sent specific shipping instructions to ship their Entry to Charm Weddings. Please be prepared to ship your Entry in a box of one of the following sizes. We use FedEx sizes as a guideline. You are not required to purchase a box(es) from FedEx:
- Wardrobe Box up to 60”x 24”x22”, or
- Bike Box 54”x 28”x8” or
- Any box whose dimensions are the same size or smaller (all the way around) than the above two sizes. Please use the smallest boxes possible!
*Tip: FedEx stores should have examples of boxes these sizes. You may use their boxes/measurements as a guide.
*Please Note: If you plan on making a large Entry (that may not fit into the above specifications) you may make your Entry in sections and use more than one box to ship it. If you make it to the Finale, you will be able to reassemble your Entry at that time.
*Please Note: If you are asked to send your Entry, you must ship it, by the specified day/time to the address provided. The shipping address will be provided to only the Semi Finalists once they are chosen.
In the Finale round of the Contest, the Finalist Entries will be viewed in person by Charm Weddings and the panel of Judges, during a runway event in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, after which, Charm Weddings and Judges will select a grand-prize winner, second place winner and third place winner, at Charm Weddings and Judges’ sole discretion (“Winners”). A Fan Favorite winner will be announced at the Finale Event after consideration of online votes by contest fans.
For the Finale, Finalists may bring their own Model, at Contestant’s own expense, or work with a Model chosen by and provided by Charm Weddings, the pairing of which, will be at Charm Weddings sole discretion. Once the Finalists arrive in Florida, expenses, and any other non-contest costs while in Florida shall be at the Finalist’s own expense; however, there may be some expenses that Charm Weddings will cover, in Charm Weddings sole discretion and Charm Weddings may provide a per diem to each Finalist in Charm Weddings’ sole discretion.
By submitting your Entry, you are agreeing that if your Entry is selected as a Finalist Entry, you will, if and as required by Charm Weddings:
- Travel to Florida at Charm Weddings’ expense, be at and remain at all specified Contest Locations in the Florida/Contestarea during the days/times required by Charm Weddings, at Charm Weddings’ sole discretion for the Contest period.
- Sign a Release and, as well as use best efforts to assist with getting any additional releases signed for Contestant, Contestant’s Model (if provided by Contestant), Contestant’s photos and any other party or materials connected to Contestant.
- The Grand Prize winner may be required to do additional travel following the Finale.
All Finalists are subject to verification of eligibility, validation and they must comply with all rules and requirements set forth in these Rules or otherwise provided by Charm Weddings. If for any reason a finalist contestant cannot attend the finale event (no matter where it occurs) or have the ability to travel to the finale location (for whatever reason, or none at all), they must forfeit their spot as a finalist and that spot would go to the next person in line eligible as a finalist.
11. FINALISTS/WINNERS NOTIFICATIONS
Barring unforeseen circumstances, Winners will be notified at the Finale. Charm Weddings and Judges decisions are final and binding.
Winners are required to prove eligibility and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (“Affidavit”) (in addition to having previously submitted Releases, any other required releases, and providing an Official Entry Form).
The prizes will be awarded as follows:
One, Grand Prize of $10,000 (USD)
One, Second Prize of $5,000 (USD)
One, Third Prize of $2,500 (USD)
One, Fan Favorite of $1000 (USD)
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions will be allowed. Prizes will be awarded to Winners within twelve (12) weeks of the announcement of the Winners. Winners must supply Charm Weddings with his/her social security number for tax purposes and Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Charm Weddings for the prizes distributed for the calendar year of the Contest. Unless specified in the Rules, Contestants may not share, or make any promise to share, any prize with any other Contestant or third party involved with the Contest.
13. MISCELLANEOUS RULES
During the contest finale period, Contestants/Finalists may not wear any logos or artwork on their clothing, as determined by Charm Weddings in its sole discretion.
Contestants are not allowed to mention or “plug” (either visually or verbally) any commercial product, service, venture while participating in the Contest.
The judging criteria are final and not subject to appeal or review whatsoever. Creativity may win out over technical skill, at Charm Weddings’ and/or the Judges’ sole discretion.
All decisions made by the Charm Weddings and/or the Judges are final and binding and are not subject to challenge or appeal. The interpretation and implementation of all Rules is at the sole discretion of the Charm Weddings and/or Judges. Notwithstanding anything else in the Rules or Releases, Judges will be chosen by Charm Weddings.
Charm Weddings has the right to consult with Judges and any other parties to make judging decisions based on what they determine is best overall for the Contest.
15. ONLINE COMMUNITY VOTING
Once the top ten (10) entries have been determined, those entries will be posted at www.TPDressContest.com/2022-toilet-paper-wedding-dress-contest.html at which time the public may vote on favorite entries once per day for the duration of the voting period.
The entry with the most public votes will be named “Fan Favorite” at the finale event. The online votes will in no way influence judging or scores at any stage of the contest.
16. GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- Failure to comply with any Rule(s) as interpreted and/or implemented by Charm Weddings may result in disqualification.
- Charm Weddings and Judges will render fair and equal evaluations of the Contestants.
- Criteria changes, additions, or adjustments in the Rules may occur at the sole discretion of the Charm Weddings.
- Charm Weddings reserves the right to remove any Contestant from the Contest and/or otherwise penalize any Contestant if said Contestant fails to adhere to the Rules or parameters provided, intentionally or unintentionally, improperly interferes with the Contest or with other Contestants’ participation in the Contest, and/or for any reason or no reason whatsoever.
- Charm Weddings reserves the right to select alternates for the Semi Finals and/or Finale Round and replace any Contestant with any alternate Contestant at any time and for any reason (or no reason).
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Rules will be strictly enforced. Contestants agree that certain restrictions may apply.
- An Entry may be deemed void if Charm Weddings determines that the Entry is unoriginal, counterfeit or obtained through fraud or theft.
- Contestant acknowledges that Charm Weddings may obtain Entries in the Contest that may be similar or identical in theme or idea to Contestant’s Entry. Contestant waives any and all claims, presently or in the future, that any compensation is due to Contestant in connection with the Contest Entries, which are similar.
- Contestant hereby grants permission to Charm Weddings, and all other Released Parties etc., to place Photos/photos of their Entry online at each entities’ respective websites and any other websites or social media sites affiliated with these entities.
- Contestants may not sabotage another Contestant’s Entry. Charm Weddings reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or any other promotion in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Charm Weddings and Released Parties reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Charm Weddings and/or Released Parties failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Incomplete Entries and Entries not complying with the Rules are subject to disqualification.
- Charm Weddings, and all Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected Entries.
- Charm Weddings reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest, at its sole discretion.
- Winners and/or Finalists will be required to publicly present their Entry in association with any Sponsor, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contestant agrees that he/she will be construed as the agent or act as agent for the Sponsors.
- Photography and Filming of the Contest/Entries/Contestants – During the Contest period, including, but not limited to, during the Finale and at all Contest Locations, Charm Weddings, and all Released Parties will be taking photos and video of the Contest, including, but not limited to, Contestants, and any Models present, Materials (as defined below) and any other property present, including property (including intellectual property) belonging to Contestants.
- Contestants agree that such photos and video taken by Charm Weddings shall be the property of Charm Weddings for use in and in connection with the Contest and otherwise, in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. Contestants agree that such photos and video taken by all Released Parties shall be the property of Released Partiesfor use in and in connection with the Contest and otherwise, in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity.
- Contestant may be disqualified from the Contest based on, Charm Weddings’ determination as to what is in the overall best interest of the Contest in the sole discretion of Charm Weddings.
- There will be no monetary reimbursement for differences in travel expenses or any other expenses regarding finalist’s travel.
By submitting an Entry, Contestant grants Charm Weddings all rights, including, but not limited to, all copyrights in the Entry (dress/headpiece), Photos/photos, accessories, and any other materials submitted to Charm Weddings by Contestant or otherwise provided to Charm Weddings by Contestant (“Materials”). Contestant acknowledges that Charm Weddings and its assignees shall have the right to edit, modify, change, adapt, distribute, and create derivative works from the Entry (with the understanding that they are under no obligation to do so) or incorporate the Entry into any medium, form, or technology, including the right to publish the Entry, post the Entry on the Internet and use for television productions, social media, advertising, and promotional purposes at its sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, Contestant grants to Charm Weddings and their assignees, all rights to recordings of the Materials (including Contestant’s Entry), and all rights to the recordings of Contestant’s likeness, words, actions made by Charm Weddings in connection with Contestant’s entry into and/or participation in the Contest (“Charm Weddings Recordings”), for use in connection with the Contest or otherwise, any and all media, now known and hereafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including in connection with online media and ancillary exploitation of the Recordings. Contestant grants Charm Weddings database and publicity rights and the right to use such information (as described in section 21 below), including, in any media now or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to the on the Internet, without any compensation to Contestant.
By submitting an Entry, Contestant grants to all Released Parties and each of their assignees, all rights to recordings of the Materials (including Contestant’s Entry), and all rights to the recordings of Contestant’s likeness, words, actions made by Released Parties in connection with Contestant’s entry into and/or participation in the Contest (“Released Parties Recordings”), for use in connection with the Contest or otherwise, any and all media, now known and hereafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including in connection with online media and ancillary exploitation of the Recordings.
By entering the Contest, Contestant grants Charm Weddings, Sponsors, and all Released Parties, a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable license to display, reproduce, and distribute their name, likeness, story, voice, statements, photos, video in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Contestant agrees that Charm Weddings and Released Parties will not be required to designate the Contestant as the creator of the Entry. Neither Charm Weddings, nor Released Parties will be required to seek approval by Contestant or to pay additional consideration in connection with the above grants/licenses/uses. All rights granted by Contestant to Charm Weddings and Released Parties may be assigned freely by the respective party – Charm Weddings and Released Parties. Contestant may not assign Contestant’s rights or obligations hereunder.
18. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Each eligible Contestant represents and warrants that: (1) Contestant’s Entry complies with the Rules; (2) Contestant’s Entry is original and has not won any previous award or contests; (3) Entry, Photos and any other material provided by Contestant to Contest do not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights; (4) the Entry is not offensive, libelous or obscene and does not contain illegal content or anything otherwise objectionable; (5) the Entry does not display any logos, trademarks or tradenames; (6) Contestant has not and will not submit to Charm Weddings, a Photo that was taken by someone other than Contestant unless Contestant has submitted a Materials Release signed by the person that took the Photo to Charm Weddings; (7) Contestant has not and will not submit a Photo that contains any person other than Contestant unless Contestant has submitted an Appearance Release for the person in the Photo to Charm Weddings; and (8) if selected to participate in the Finale, Contestant will not use Contestant’s own Model unless that Model has submitted a signed Model Release to Charm Weddings. Contestant acknowledges that entering the Contest does not constitute employment, partnership, or a joint venture relationship between Contestant and Sponsors or any other Released Parties.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, each Contestant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors listed above, Charm Weddings, Finale Host, any sponsor of the Contest, any person or entity supplying prizes or services to any of the above entities, and any of their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies and each of their affiliates, partners, advertising agencies, their employees, officers, directors and representatives (“Released Parties”) from and against errors, omissions, claims, actions, personal injury or death, costs, attorney fees, damages, losses, or cause of action or other liabilities of any kind or nature, including, but not limited to breach, negligence, willful misconduct, defamation, any and all issues related to awarding prizes and any and all issues related to participating in this Contest. In furtherance of the above, Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, technical failures of any kind (including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, disconnections or network hardware or software, and communication line failure), or unauthorized human intervention of the Contest process.
20. WINNERS LIST
Winner’s names will be available online at www.TPDressContest.com by October 15, 2022.
21. DATA PRIVACY
22. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to, including but not limited to, and act of God/Nature, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, pandemic, fraud, or any other causes beyond reasonable control by Charm Weddings/138 Media Inc. which corrupt or affect administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct by promotion, then Charm Weddings/138 Media Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, at its sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, Contestant agrees that, except where prohibited, all disputes, issues, claims and causes of action arising out of or concerning the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court in the state of Florida, which court shall apply the laws of the state of Florida without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, Contestant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to injunctive relief, claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest or in the Program, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
24. HEALTH STATEMENT/PROTOCOLS
The health and safety of our staff, contestants and all our guests are of utmost importance to us. We will continue to ensure that everyone involved and attending any of our live events and activities will be protected as much as humanly possible. Considering the Covid-19 outbreak over the past few years, we will be assessing the protocols and changes to such as the finale event approaches. If Charm Weddings, in consult with the event venue and local health officials, deems it necessary, Charm Weddings will set forth a protocol for the events associated with the contest