There is no protocol when it comes to a mother-of-the-bride dress. You must wear what you love and what looks good on you. Generally the bride will dictate what her mother will wear…but today, anything goes.
HERE ARE SOME POINTERS FOR MOM’S DRESS:
- Don’t procrastinate, start shopping early
- Pick a style that’s flattering to your figure (photos last a lifetime)
- Neutrals are always elegant as well as black (which used to be taboo)
- Look your best, but above all be comfortable
- A mother-of-the-bride or groom “dress” could even be an elegant pantsuit.
From classy, formal dresses to more contemporary and stylish alternatives, as well as shoes and accessories… whichever style you choose… make sure you feel great in it. It’s going to be a long day and/or night. You want to look great and feel great.